jueves, 4 de mayo de 2017

FOL-INGLÉS LISTENING EXERCISES ABOUT UNIT 3: THE SALARY



Here you have eights audios about the third unit: the salary. 

They are meant to help you improve your English. Play them several times. 


The more you listen to them the easier will be.  Don't forget to click on the link.


FIRST AUDIO, EXERCISE #1



SECOND AUDIO, EXERCISE #2


THIRD AUDIO, EXERCISE #3


FOURTH AUDIO, EXERCISE #4


FIFTH AUDIO, EXERCISE #5


SIXTH AUDIO, EXERCISE #6


SEVENTH AUDIO, EXERCISE #7


EIGHTH AUDIO, EXERCISE #8


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3FSPEutOd6AUWM4Z1lVVnZZSzg/view?usp=sharing


If you want to have the exercises in writing, here you have them:


EXERCISES ABOUT UNIT 3 WITH EVELYN


Written by: Mª Isabel Pérez Ortega
Read by: Evelyn Niederer
Málaga, 3rd May 2017

EXERCISE #1   How often does a worker get his or her salary? Don’t forget that a worker can be paid: Weekly, monthly, daily, fortnightlyRemember those words (Weekly, monthly, daily, and fortnightly) and using them, complete the following sentences:
Here is an example:
a.    If I am paid every 30 days, that means I get my salary______ monthly __.

Now you try:
b.   If I am paid every 15 days, that means I get my salary________.
c.    If I am paid every day, that means I get my salary__________.
d.   If I am paid every 7 days, that means I get my salary _________.

EXERCISE #2Answer this question: what is the name of the salary receipt? Choose one of these four options:
a.    Payslip
b.   Payment in kind
c.    Payment in cash
d.   compensation

EXERCISE #3When checking the payslip, you can identify the basic salary. Can you give some examples of other kinds of payments? You can look at the list of salary supplements and non salary supplements in your book.

EXERCISE # 4 Imagine you have been working in a company for two years. According to the Spanish law, how many payments were you getting per year?  (Don’t forget the extra bonuses).
Please, choose one of these three options:
10 payments per year
12 payments per year or
 14 payments per year

EXERCISE # 5 If your answer was 14 payments per year, when will you get those extraordinary payments? (On which months of the year?).

EXERCISE # 6 Now Isabel is going to read five sentences.  They are not legally correct. In your own words, say if they are right or wrong. Then you can discuss the errors in class.
1. - My salary is €900 per month. The boss does not pay me on time; he pays me when he has enough money.
2. – I asked my boss if I could get my salary receipt, my payslip; he told me I am not allowed to get it.
3. - I have a three month employment contract. I have no right to get any extraordinary payments because of my contract.
4. - The company gave me a mobile phone and a company car; that is not considered part of my salary.
5. - A mobile phone and a company car are considered examples of salary supplement.

EXERCISE # 7 listen carefully and answer the following sentences; then in your book, write down if they are right or wrong according to the Spanish law.
1.   I am working in a restaurant every weekend and I get a salary for the work that I do.
2.   I work very hard in the hotel. I work 40 hours a week and I get very little money as it is not a sufficient income to meet the needs of my family.
3.   I work in a bakery. The boss pays the rent of my house but she doesn’t give me any money at all.
4.   The company gives me a company car; that is an example of payment in kind.

EXERCISE # 8 Identify the following payments with payment in kind or in cash?
Here is one example
1.   free rent: that is a payment in kind

Now you try:
2.   € 900 as payment in advance
3.   A bank cheque
4.   A mobile phone
5.   A Company van

6.   A bank transfer




Licencia de Creative Commons
Este obra está bajo una licencia de Creative Commons Reconocimiento-NoComercial-CompartirIgual 4.0 Internacional.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario